MNICS Board of Directors
The MNICS Board of Directors meets annually to prioritize projects, set direction, solve problems and exchange emergency management information. The Board reviews proposals and authorizes mutual aid agreements, Memorandums of Understanding and other agreements relating to the Minnesota Interagency Fire Center (MIFC) operations.
2017 MNICS Board Members include:
- Joe Kelly, DPS-Homeland Security & Emergency Management, MNICS Board of Directors chair
- Paul Lundgren, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Connie Cummins, U.S. Forest Service, Superior National Forest
- Darla Lenz, U.S. Forest Service, Chippewa National Forest
- Bob DeGross, National Park Service/Voyageurs
- Tom Remus, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Russ Langford, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
MNICS Task Force
The MNICS Task Force meets monthly to provide oversight on MIFC operations and decide how best to partner with state and federal emergency response organizations. The Minnesota Incident Management Teams (IMT) report to the Task Force. IMT member selection, training, general policy and personnel matters are guided by the Task Force.
The Task Force decides which issues should be forwarded to the Board of Directors. If proposals or projects need further research or development, they may be referred to a MNICS working team. Working teams serve in an advisory capacity and make recommendations for the Task Force to consider.
2017 MNICS Task Force members include:
- 2017 Chair: Seth Grimm, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Greg Peterson, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Chase Marshall, U.S. Forest Service, Superior National Forest
- Robert LaPlant, US Forest Service, Chippewa National Forest
- Kurt Fogelberg, National Park Service/Voyageurs National Park
- Roy Holmes, Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- Ron Stoffel, Minnesota DNR
MNICS Working Teams
Working teams have a voting member from each partner agency. Working team members are part of an incident management team or otherwise affiliated with emergency response organizations. The Task Force establishes the teams and approves projects, proposals and priorities. Items such as interagency training calendars, operational IMT procedures, processes and guidelines, new technology and prescribed fire policies are examples of working team projects.
Working teams meet at the MNICS annual meeting and some convene throughout the year. The Task Force establishes the teams and gives the teams a list of items to work on for the year. Items such as interagency training calendars, operational procedures for IMTs, and prescribed fire policies are the types of issues working teams discuss at their meetings.
2016 Working Team chairs and Task Force (TF) representatives are:
- Air Operations: Rob Heavirland, chair; Ron Stoffel, TF representative
- Communications: Pat Coughlin, chair; Russ Langford, TF representative
- Dispatch: Ryan Kingsley, chair; Tasha Woodwick, TF representative
- Finance: Nancy Calder, chair; Brian Jenkins, TF representative
- GIS: Tom McCann, chair; Roy Holmes, TF representative
- Information Management: Kris Reichenbach, chair; Ron Stoffel, TF representative
- Information Technology: Meggan Nadler and Shelly Carroll, co-chairs; Kurt Fogelberg, TF representative
- Logistics: Don Lantz, chair; Ron Stoffel, TF representative
- Operations: Ben Roy, chair; Brian Jenkins, TF representative
- Prescribed Fire and Fuels: Carl Crawford, chair; Greg Peterson, TF representative
- Prevention: Jeff Jackson, chair; Christi Powers, TF representative
- Training: Robert Lintelmann, chair; Kurt Fogelberg, TF representative